A medieval/Tudor manor house once owned by a sixteenth century herbalist. The entrance forecourt has a central path flanked by yew topiary. A gate leads to a long mixed border designed by Graham Stuart Thomas. There are yew alleys and other compartments. Christopher Hussey described the garden as 'a necklace of garden rooms strung on green corridors'. Sir Henry Lyte, author of the Niewe Herball (1578), lived here.