Villa Del Balbianello is on a wooded peninsula projecting into Lake Como. It was built in 1787, on the site of a Fransiscan monastery, by Cardinal Angelo Durini. Steps lead from the landing stage into a terraced garden with a beautiful loggia. It was renovated by the American General Butler Amos and given to the Fondo per l'Ambiente Italiano (FAI) in 1988. The garden is also used as a wedding venue.
Via Comoedia, Lenno (CO), Lombardia, Italy, 22016
See Villa del Balbianello website for details