The villa was built between 1472 and 1480 for Bartolommeo Scala. It was a 'casini of delights' with a garden, a nursery and a a grove designed drawn to catch small birds (a ragnaia). The present garden was made in the eighteenth century. It has paths, shrubs, trees, an Ionic temple and a tepidarium. The garden was then used for botanical collections, including azaleas. It now provides a garden setting for the Four Seasons Hotel in Florence.
Via Capponi, Firenze, Tuscany, Italy