The 4.5 acre Walled Garden was designed by Piet Oudolf. It is set within the 18th century walls of the original kitchen garden. There is a silent garden with a pond and no flowering plants, plantsman's walk and a mount that provides a vantage point to view the whole garden. The House is mainly Regency (1801) with a serpentine park. The park was designed by Lancelot Brown in 1772. It has an unusual 'Bridge Building', concealing the end of the water, with Ionic columns overlook the water and a sold wall closing the view. The owner of Scampston Hall wrote to Brown that it 'answers prodigiously well' to his requirements.