The red brick house with a Grade II listed garden and park designed by Humphry Repton. He supplied a Red Book in 1790. A rose garden was added by William Nesfield in 1860. The woodland garden and grotto were also nineteenth century additions. There is also a 2 acre walled garden. An Italian Garden is being developped in the ruins of the Old Tenants Hall. In the seventeenth-century Rode Hall had a renaissance-influenced compartment garden, described described as having ‘orchards, gardens and courts within the Greene before ye hall’. In 1803 John Webb (1754-1828), who worked with William Emes, designed an entrance drive and two artificial lakes: the ‘less water’ the ‘large water’.
Church Lane, Scholar Green, Cheshire, England, ST7 3QP
See Rode Hall website
Yes: see Rode Hall website