Tortworth Court is a Victorian mansion (built 1849 to 1853) surrounded by 30 acres of parkland overlooking the Severn Valley. The mansion was designed by Samuel Sanders Teulon. The gardens have been restored since 1999. There is a Wisteria and Labernum tunnel and an arboretum with many unusual specimens. Trees are labelled and include the Paper Handkerchief Tree (Davidia involucrate), Chinese Redbud (Cercis chinensis) and Caucasian Elm (Zelkova carpinifolia).