An eighteenth century village house and garden. It was the home of the Reverend Gilbert White. He was a clergyman and naturalist and is famed as the author of the Natural History and Antiquities of Selbourne. White died in 1793 and the garden was neglected for many years thereafter. Now being restored, it is of interest both as the garden of an eighteenth century naturalist and an eighteenth century clergyman.