The old chateau was rebuilt in 1654. It has moats which are now lawns and an area of 'canals, ponds and fountains' which is attributed to Andre Le Notre. A pond with an island and cypresses was added in 1780 and after the French Revolution the estate was redesigned as an English park. It was acquired by the Municipality of Essonne in 1978 and a centre for contemporary art was established in 2001. It features the work of young artists.