The Frick Collection is a house museum that includes an indoor Garden Court and two outdoor gardens. The Fifth Avenue garden has existed since the building was built in 1913-14. John Russell Pope made additions to the original mansion, including enclosing the courtyard, when the house transitioned into a museum. In 1977 when the museum expanded, Russell Page designed the Seventieth Street Garden. There is no public access to the two outdoor gardens but they can be seen and enjoyed from the sidewalk or inside the building.