Coe Hall was built 1918-1921 with Walker & Gillette as the architects and Olmsted Brothers as the landscape architects. It has woods, lawns, an arboretum, a large camellia house and an Italian Garden. The house is in a 'Tudor Revival' style and the garden in an 'Italian Revival' style with Arts and Crafts Planting. The Italian Garden was made in 1916 and re-opened after a restoration project in 2010. The blue tiles are not characteristic of gardens in Italy but would be appropriate for swimming. The name "Planting Fields" comes from the Matinecock Indians who formerly cultivated the fertile soil above Long Island Sound.
1395 Planting Fields Road, Oyster Bay, New York, USA, NY 11771
Daily except Christmas. Open 9am to 5pm.