The château, park, and gardens of Montmarin are listed as a National Monument The chateau was built in 1760 by Aaron Magon as a summer house on left bank of the Rance estuary. A gateway opens on to the Court of Honor with a white marble fountain. The 6 hectare terraced garden slopes down to the River Rance. An English-style garden was made in 1885 with wide lawns, shrubberies, a rock-garden, and herbaceous borders. A plant collection is being established.
Chateau du Montmarin, Pleurtuit, France, 35730
Late March to early November. Daily except Saturday. Open 2pm to 7pm.