The eight acres of Brobury House Gardens are set against a sculptural backdrop of mature trees on an exquisitely beautiful section of the river Wye and paths lead through formal and natural planting to the watermeadow beside the historic Bredwardine Bridge.
The past seven years has seen a programme of re-design and development with many water features, a superb pergola (the young wisteria are growing fast)and a formal terrace to complement the garden conservatory. A small artoretum is being planted at the moment.
The garden was first established when the house was built in 1881. The trees and terraces gave the structure to the gardens that still exists. Grand greenhouses were built and half of these have been restored. Proir to 1881 the site was used as the vegetable garden for the rectory where Francis Kilvert lived and died. His mulberry tree still graces the main terrace lawn.
Wisteria, cornus kousa, stand of paper birches.
Magnificent oak and victorian cedars and pines.
Brobury House, Brobury, by Bredwardine, Hereford, Herefordshire, England, HR3 6BS
All year. Daily. Open 10am to 5pm or dusk if earlier.
Adult £3.00, Child £1.00