A twentieth century woodland garden beside the sea, originally by James Arthur Campbell of Inverawe. This 20-acre garden, warmed by the North Atlantic Drift, is a paradise for plant lovers, having a major rhododendron species collection and a large variety of perennials and ferns to extend the season right into late autumn. There is a focus on plants from temperate East Asia and South America but there are many exceptions! At the top of the garden a wonderful viewpoint looks westwards over the island-studded sea. Arduaine Garden was begun in 1898, bought by Edmund & Harry Wright in 1971 and given to the National Trust for Scotland in 1992.