A Victorian cottage garden with old-fashioned flowers. The hacienda was expanded to its current size in the mid-19th century by Santa Fe Trail merchant James L. Johnson. In the late 1920s, it was purchased by Margretta Dietrich who, along with her sister artist Dorothy Stewart, converted it to apartments. Today it is owned by the Historic Santa Fe Foundation who provides housing for artist and writers. It is assumed the garden was created in the Johnson period of ownership (1854-1881). It was restored by the Historic Santa Fe Foundation in 1991, which provides housing for artist and writers.
545 Canyon Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA, NM 87501
Daily except Sundays and holidays. Open 9am to 5pm.