The reconstruction of the house began c. 1706, and the garden was created at the same time. The house has two very interesting oil paintings of 1738, by a naïve local painter (Bohušicich), showing the house and garden before the reconstruction. The bed of the river Rokytna was widened to 22m; the garden was originally richly decorated with statues of ancient gods.
Currently the garden covers 10ha.; 11 statues and 4 ornate stone benches have been preserved.
Quite an attractive design, rather overshadowed by the bulk of the house. An interesting feature : on the far side of the river, the lawn enclosed by pleached hornbeams rises in a gentle curve (to prevent the design looking too flat, and giving an unfortunate effect of foreshortening).