The site was used for a fortress and then as a summer residence for Count Filippo d'Agli, designed by Amedeo di Castellamonte and reconstructed in 1825. It is set in a large walled and wooded park with gardens and terraces near the palace. A baroque fountain was added in 1770. The castle's park features a large monumental fountain which was built in 1770. There is also a lake with an ornamental cottage on an island.