638. The Cambridge botanic garden was founded by the Rev. Dr. Richard Walker in 1761. It. has chiefly become celebrated for the useful catalogue of plants (Hortus Cantabrigiensis) published by Donn, its late curator. The garden is small, and never at any one time could contain all the plants, to the number of 9000, enumerated in that work. But if ever introduced there, that circumstance is supposed to justify their insertion in the catalogue. A new botanic garden was commenced here in 1846.