The Salisburia was introduced into this country by that zealous amateur of horticulture and botany, the late Mr. Hamilton, of Woodlands, near Philadelphia, who brought it from England in 1784, where it had been received from Japan about thirty years previous. There are several of these now growing at Woodlands; and the largest measures sixty feet in height, and three feet four inches in circumference. The next largest specimen which we have seen is now standing on the north side of that fine public square, the Boston Common. It originally grew in the grounds of Gardiner Green, Esq., of Boston; but though of fine size, it was, about three years since, carefully removed to its present site, which proves its capability for bearing transplanting. Its measurement is forty feet in elevation, and three in circumference. There is also a very handsome tree in the grounds of Messrs. Landreth, Philadelphia, about thirty-five feet high and very thrifty. We have not learned that any of these trees have yet borne their blossoms; at any rate none but male blossoms have yet been produced. Abroad, the Salisburia has fruited in the South of France, and young trees have been reared from the nuts.