A serpentine park, designed by Lancelot Brown in 1759, with a nineteenth century terrace garden. The house has been demolished and the Trentham Gardens is now a public park. Sir Charles Barry designed an Italian garden beside the lake in 1840. His design has been simplified, but survives. In 2004 the gardens were restored and re-opened under the name Trentham Leisure.