Located in the city's West End, Glasgow Botanic is a cross between a public park and a botanic garden, adorned by a great conservatory: the Kibble Palace of 1873. Kibble Palace underwent extensive restoration between 2003 and 2006. It houses an important national collection of Australasian tree ferns as well as other exotics. The garden was established in 1817 to supply resources to the University of Glasgow. William Hooker held the post of regius professor at Glasgow Botanic Gardens before his appointment as the first director of Kew Gardens.
730 Great Western Road, Glasgow, Strathclyde, Scotland, G12 0UE
All year, Daily, Open 7am to dusk