Duchess Anna Amalia used Schloss Tiefurt and its adjoining park as a summer residence from 1781. Situated just outside the city of Weimar, the park is a good example of the classical landscape style. It occupies a vast valley divided by the River Ilm. There are a number of monuments, including the Temple of the Muses (1803) and a Monument to Mozart and the Muses (1799). Part of the park was reworked in the English landscape style by Eduard Petzold in the 1840s.
Hauptstraße 14, Weimar-Tiefurt, South East, Germany
All year. Daily. Open dawn to dusk.