An old fortified farm (first mentioned in 970) in which a Stijve Tuintje ('Stiff Garden' - or formal garden) was developed in the seventeenth century. The German landscape architect J.P. Posth (1763-1831) converted it to an 'English landscape park' in 1791 and the moat was given a meandering form. The house was burned in 1945 but the topiary hedges ('The Monks') survived. There is a potager with flowers and vegetables.
The reviews and ratings originate in all cases from third parties. Gardenvisit is in no case responsible for the correctness or accuracy of the reviews. Reviews and similar information are not an expression of Gardenvisit's opinions.