Allan Gardens is one of the oldest parks in Toronto. The land was donated by politician George William Allan in 1858 and the park was officially opened by the Prince of Wales in 1860. There are 6 greenhouses, of which the centre piece is the Palm House (1910).
Another remarkable garden and a very well-kept secret! Located right in the heart of Toronto's up and coming Cabbagetown, this is a magical retreat from city life - a series of glasshouses, with astounding planting! Take a break from the hustle and bustle and admire all the different plants - really worth a visit - and not mentioned in any of the tourist guides! And, best of all, it's free!
The reviews and ratings originate in all cases from third parties. Gardenvisit is in no case responsible for the correctness or accuracy of the reviews. Reviews and similar information are not an expression of Gardenvisit’s opinions.