348. The general cemetery of Stuttgard is situated in the suburbs, and occupies three or four acres. It is not handsomely laid out, but it abounds with new and beautiful monuments, of a few of which we had sketches taken in 1828. Though there is only one main walk through the centre of the grounds to display these monuments, yet numbers of them, both near and at a distance from the walk, are surrounded by shrubs and flowers enclosed in wire fencing. A general feature on the tombstones is an extinguished torch, surmounted by an ascending butterfly.