Wisley Ggarden was established by George Wilson, a chemist and horticulturalist, and given to the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) in 1903. It continues to be developed. Edward White designed the rock garden in 1911. Woodland, heather and bog gardens were added. Lanning Roper and Geoffrey Jellicoe designed a walled canal garden in the 1960s. There are many demonstration gardens and, of course, an excelent plant collection.