The present Somerset House, designed by Sir William Chambers after 1775, was built on the site of a famous renaissance house and garden owned by the Duke of Somerset. It had a riverside garden - from which the fountain was moved to Bushey Park. Chambers designed the new Somerset House for learned societies and government offices. The Inland Revenue still occupies the east and west wings but the south wing is now used by the Courtauld Gallery. The Great Courtyard, formerly used to be a car park for civil servants, was re-designed for the year 2000 celebrations, by Donald Insall Associates and Jeremy Dixon and Edward Jones. It now has dancing fountains in summer and a portable ice-rink in winter. The arches to through to a river terrace garden which, like Victoria Embankment Gardens awaits re-connection to the River Thames.