Gardenvisit India Tours
We offer specialist escorted tours of Indian gardens planned to include:
- accommodation in luxury hotels with interesting gardens
- visits to key sites in the history of Indian garden design. Most are also key sites in the history of Indian architecture.
- air-conditioned vehicles for transport between towns
- local tour guides
- documentation on the history of Indian gardens and on the specific gardens included in the visit
Tours are adapted and scheduled on a tailor-made basis for individuals or small groups. The following 14-day tour is recommended:
Balsamand Lake Palace, Mandore Gardens, Meherangarh Fort, Ranakpur Jain Temples, Kumbhalgarh Fort and Palace, Udaipur City Palace, Jagmandir, Saheliyon ki Bari, Padmini's Garden, Bundi Palace, Sukh Mahal, Jaipur City Palace, Amber Palace, Kanak Bagh, Deeg Palace Garden, Fatehpur Sikri (City of Victory), Akbar's Tomb Garden, Taj Mahal Garden, Moonlight Garden, Ram Bagh, Agra Fort Gardens, Humayun's Tomb Garden, Lohdi Gardens, Red Fort Palace Garden.
Gardenvisit.com has partnered with Namaste Tours to create this garden tour itinerary. Namaste Tours operate this garden tour of India and are based in Haryana, India. Gardenvisit.com takes bookings for the tours but your contract will be with Namaste Tours.
"We saw so many breathtaking sights and took many beautiful photos. This trip would not have been so incredible without your help and guidance. Thank you for the itinerary and thank you for Namaste." R Bartlett
- India used to have the most fabulous gardens. Where water is available, the plentiful sunshine and rich flora are ideally suited to gardening. Monkeys, parakeets and peacocks make them exotic. All surviving gardens date from after the Mughal conquest of the sixteenth century, though many were made by Indian princes and are architecturally distinctive. Few gardens are maintained as well as they should be but many have a fantastic character, fully the equal of their western counterparts and scarcely known outside India.
- With selected cars and drivers, travel in a hired vehicle is a classic way to explore the country. It is significantly more relaxing, comfortable and interesting than the usual alternatives (public transport and large-group travel). Time permitting, our drivers are always happy to stop for photography or to visit other places of interest en route. Driving allows you to gaze at India's amazing roadside pageant.
- Travel within India becomes easier all the time, particularly by air, and travellers may wish to fly to another part of India and see other places on our list of Indian Gardens to Visit. We supply locally expert tour guides for the places visited.
- Some travellers do suffer health problems in India but they can be avoided by taking care to drink bottled water and eat only in clean and popular restaurants. Travellers should consult a doctor with regard to immunisation and should take out health and travel insurance. India has such good private hospitals that 'health tourism' is becoming a significant reason for visiting the country.
- Bookings can be made at short notice but to get the best hotel rooms, flights and cars we recommend booking about 3 months before travel. Most tourists visit India during the winter (September to March) to avoid the summer heat and monsoon mud. Since cars and hotels are air conditioned, some travellers choose the late-monsoon period for its lush greenery and atmospheric lighting.
- We cost tours individually and request payment at the time of booking. As a guideline, the price per person based on a 2-person tour following the itinerary outlined above is US$1,800 per person. Quotes can be provided on request for larger tour groups. Prices include hotels, breakfast, guides and travel within India. Prices do not include lunch, dinner, entrance fees, visa fees or international travel.
- Please note that non-Indians must hold a Tourist Visa before boarding a flight to India.
- Itineries are planned by the Gardenvisit editor.