It is good to have
- scenic drama, with the route planned by a landscape architect
- emotional music, planned by a musical director and extending along the whole route
- a persuasive narrative, with speeches by children, activists and politicians
- good co-opration from the police
- jokes, fun and glamour
- good supporting information on a website, with facts, figures and international comparisons
And it’s good to reflect that ‘Power must be taken, it is never given’. (William Powell)
The 2013 London bicycle die-in was good on music and drama but not so good on speeches.
The 2014 POP Pedal On Parliament in Edinburgh was good in all respects.